Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Political Cartoon

1st political cartoon
Summary:   It makes social workers look bad by any little thing they take kids away for no reason. That if they are sent to foster homes it is to make them suffer and not for their protection. The mom here is telling threatening the child if child keeps playing 70's music he will get sent to the foster home assuming any little thing kids do or the parents complain they could get sent away.

2nd  Summary: political cartoon is a mother yelling at her child in bed and the social worker is behind her telling her not to scream to her child. It's basically saying that they tell the parents what to do and what not to do but parents will do it anyways. Or another perspective can be that he's just finding reason to tell her that she's doing something wrong and he just saying it like he doesn't care.

Analysis- An analysis of both of the political cartoons is that social workers are just taking kids away or being the type of people who are on top of you just to annoy you. That if their jobs aren't important or they are careless. Many people may have bad experiences with social workers but their jobs aren't to make people lives horrible or to destroy but to improve a better life for people. 

Response: My response to both of these cartoons are just silly to me. I have experienced both types of social workers and have hear two different stories. Before I wanted to pursue into the work of a social worker I would of never chose it because all I hear is bad things. For my english class we had to research for our major and the sad part is I saw many bad articles on social workers. Although I found many stories that were good, of cases of people who social workers became a blessing to their lives. 
The first political cartoon I was just not happy about it, it's basically saying that social workers will take kids to foster home for any reason. Which I believe wouldn't be a easy job to choose especially if the child is attached.
The second cartoon shows me from my perspective that parents sometimes don't listen to the social workers as much of on top that they could be at the end it is their decision to treat their child's good.

No comments: